Friday, April 27, 2012

X-tra

X is for X-tra gum, which is the kind my mother always had when I was a kid. Before all this fancy gum existed, my mom always carried around a Plen-T-Pack of blue X-tra and my brothers, sisters, and I loved it! Well, one time my older sister Katie and I thought it would be a good idea to see how many pieces of gum we could chew and apparently swallow. Turns out, we had a few too many pieces. Later that day or night we both got really sick to our stomachs.  We were throwing up and could barely move. This might sound gross, but really it wasn't. All we had in our stomachs were tons of balls of gum so when we threw up that was all it was, nothing gross. We both have a very vivid memory of this day and we laugh about it often. She thinks we were laying on the floor of our parent's bedroom and I think we were on opposite couches in the living room. Not that it really matters, but it's funny we both remember different things. Our sickness probably lasted for around 24 hours and then we were all better. However, I bet we will never chew and swallow gum like that again. Lesson learned.


Just a quick trip down memory lane. :)

4 comments:

  1. Well ick lol. I remember loving to eat fruit striped gum but don't ever remember getting sick. Guess you must have had a lot more than I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creative use of X. I'm going to use this story to tell kids why they shouldn't swallow gum.

    ScribblesFromJenn
    Happy A to Z-ing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny. I remember my sister once slept with gum in her mouth. When I tried it, I woke up with my hair stuck to the pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my mom and MIL always had Extra too! I think it was one of the first sugar-free gums. My kids loved going to the grandparents' b/c they could have all the gum they wanted. :-)

    ReplyDelete