Tuesday, April 24, 2012

U is for Underrated.

Five months ago if you would have said to me that you Jazzercised as your form of exercise, I would have probably silently laughed at you. (mind you five months ago I wasn't exercising at all.) I would have pictured a Jane Fonda or Richard Simmons kind of thing. However against all my better judgements and the fact that my mother in law bought me a gift of some free classes, I gave it a try. I fell in love with it immediately. It's no joke. Trust me... just ask my legs. I danced when I was younger so I was naturally inclined to like it a little more than most. But I think I liked it so much because of the way it gives you a serious workout while entertaining you as well. If you don't like what you're doing to work out, you probably won't stick to it. Jazzercise is the perfect blend of cardio, strengthening, and toning. The first half of the class is the cardio portion followed by the weights (light weights) and abs. You get to dance to current music, classic music, fun music, really any kind of music you can imagine.

You get worked out from your head to your toes. They really don't miss a muscle in the body, I promise. I now know I have muscles that I previously had no clue they existed. YOU WILL SEE RESULTS. How cool is that? I am promising you that if you were to try it, you will see changes. I am so glad my MIL bought me those classes! I needed to do something to get back in shape after having my sweet little one and this is the perfect way. I smile while I'm there. I love my instructors and the people in class with me. It's a welcoming, safe community where there are no judgements. If you can dance... great. If you can't, show up anyway. They always say the hardest part is getting in the door and once you're there it's easy. You don't have to keep up, you just have to show up!

If you're looking for something new to try in your workout regime, look for a Jazzercise center near you. It's worth checking out and I am going to promise you something else, IT'S FUN! U is for underrated because that is exactly what Jazzercise is or at least was to me.

2 comments:

  1. I have been to a few classes like that and know just how much fun they can be. Unfortunately I'm rubbish at the 'getting through the door' stage. I always seem to come up with some excuse not to go, and then feel annoyed that I didn't. You've inspired me to look for a class now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this before I think I will absolutely checkout thanks for mentioning it! I love jazz hopefully ill find a place that does it

    ReplyDelete