Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Chardonnay and Crocs

Yesterday my sister text me and asked if I wanted to hang out today and maybe grill. I, of course, said yes and what a wonderful time it was! We grilled some dinner for the family and then spent some time outside. My son loves being outside because this is really the first time he can explore the world and realize what he's doing. My sister brought a bottle of Chardonnay with her so we could enjoy a few glasses together. After dinner we were sitting outside chatting about nothing, which we often do and who comes walking up the sidewalk but my wonderful mother in law! We of course offered her a glass of wine because, after all, we had what I like to call a double-wide (you know... the BIG bottle haha) and it would have been rude to not offer anyway. So there we were enjoying some girl time and laughing about who knows what while having a glass of Chardonnay, which by the way, has become one of my favorite wines. I do not consider myself a wine connoisseur, but I might know a thing or two. I, like most people, started off drinking the pink wines... you know, the good stuff that tastes more like kool-aid. As time passes, you tend to find yourself not enjoying the sweet stuff so much anymore. I don't necessarily like red wine a ton, but I do like it enough. I prefer Chardonnay or Riesling because you can find both that have a nice mixture of sweet and dry, without making you feel like you need to grow hair on your chest... which is how I feel about really dry red wines. Actually, I am not really sure why my sister and I say that about red wine. I'm sure we came up with the phrase after we had a couple glasses. :)

Now, the crocs part of my C post comes from the fact that I bought a pair of old generic crocs from a friend who has a son older than Walter. When I bought them from her, for a whopping $1, I thought these will make nice summer play shoes. What was I thinking???? They fall off of him constantly and you just find yourself picking his shoes up and putting them back on him a million times. Maybe it's because they're still a tad big because he is right between size 4 and 5, but I think it's just because he thinks it's funny to knock them off his feet and then watch his mommy go in search for the lost shoe!

I am really enjoying participating in the A-Z challenge and finding all sorts of bloggers out there who make me smile! Now I must go to sleep and start dreaming about things for my D blog.

Over & Out.
My busy little man!

1 comment:

  1. That was an interesting pairing for C!

    --Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2012

    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete