Friday, April 6, 2012

F is for Friday.

Today is Friday, but not just any Friday, it's Good Friday. So this Friday is also about forgiveness. I am a Christian so today is day to be thankful as well. Jesus died on the cross for me today and not just me, but for all of us so we could eternally be forgiven. I am thankful for this, truly I am. I need lots of forgiveness in my life, just as I believe we all do. Now I realize that not everyone shares the same beliefs as me and that's fine also. When I stop and think about what my Father did for me by allowing his son to be crucified on a cross, so that I could be forgiven, it's overwhelming to think about. That is really the ultimate sacrifice.
If he could do that for little ole' me, why do I have such a hard time forgiving those in my life who have hurt me? Lied to me? Didn't do what I wanted them to? Tricked me? I don't think this is just something that I, as a Christian, fall short on, but something that we all do regardless of religious affiliation. For some reason it's hard to let things go. I don't know why, but I guess it's just human nature to get angry and want to hold a grudge. However, it we all forgave a little more, wouldn't we be happier ourselves? Those around us would be happier too or so I imagine. Forgiveness is a tough thing to master. I tell myself and other people that I forgive you, but I know in my heart that it's not always the case. True forgiveness means really forgetting about something or at least forgetting about it enough to not let it hinder your future relationship. I imagine I will continue to work on this my whole life, but even if I never master it... I know God has already forgiven me for that.

Let's all Forgive on this wonderful Friday!

3 comments:

  1. What a great post! He is an awesome God. Have you ever heard the song "I Wonder If He Cries." If not look it up on Youtube sometime sung by sheri easter. Beautiful song! Nice to meet you my sister in Christ!
    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete
  2. how can a Christian not know they are to forgive-it is in the model pray--great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love finding Christian bloggers out here in the blogosphere! Sweet post. I love reading about Jesus. :0)

    ReplyDelete