Thursday, April 12, 2012

KARMA

K is for Karma. I absolutely believe in Karma. It stems from Buddhism, even though I am not a Buddhist I believe in it. I think most people are acquainted with karma, but in case you're not I'll give a quick summary of what I think it is. In my opinion it is the principle that people will be rewarded or punished based on their life decisions and actions. Now obviously even people with the best of intentions will make a few poor decisions in their life or do a couple not so nice things, but I don't think that is what karma is concerned with. I think the principle of karma speaks more to the state your heart is in. It's about what is on the inside. If you're a good person, you will likely show that with your life. You'll show people kindness and understanding. You'll want to help people and you'll want to do the right things that will lead to a rewarding life. The saying actions speak louder than words, speaks directly to karma if you ask me. There are so many people who can talk a big game, but never put it into action in their lives.

I don't think I am perfect, but I think I have a good heart. I try to do what's right and I try to be an all around good person. I make mistake like anyone else, but when I do I try to fix them or try not make them again. Everyone is going to be hit with a couple punches from life that are no one's fault but nature's. How you react to them is what's important and reacting to things has just a much of an impact on karma as anything else. I love that this whole process has a name because to me it seems as natural as breathing. I 100% believe in creation and regardless of what God you believe in, it just seems to make sense that there would be some kind of order to life. You do good and you'll be rewarded; you do bad and you'll be punished. It all just seems so simple.

I'm sure many, many people have said this, but I'm just giving credit to who I saw it quoted by.
"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it." -Charles R. Swindoll

5 comments:

  1. couldn't of said it any better myself I love how you have pretty much simplified religion to a single paragraph( I completely forgot Karma was a K word!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting topic. We could talk about this forever. I do and I don't believe in Karma, but sometimes I wonder "Why Bad Things Happen to Good People." I think a Rabbi wrote this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you and I are so alike and we blog about similar issues. I, too, believe in Karma. I know bad things happen to good people and these things are out of our control because of people's folly and skewed decisions. Thank you for this post.

    Rhia from Five Minute Piece for Inspiration (about # 787 on A through Z list)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that last quote! Found you thru AtoZ and am your newest follower. Good luck and have fun making it to the end of April ;-)

    ReplyDelete