Wednesday, April 11, 2012

J is for Justice

No, I don't mean justice as in to be treated fairly. Although, I think it's a great principle. Justice, just so happens to be my husbands name. Actually his name is Walter just like my sons, but a few days after my husband was born his dad decided he no longer wanted to call him Walter; rather he wanted to call him Justice. Alas, his nickname was born even though it has nothing to do with his actually name.

This year my husband and I will be celebrating our fourth wedding anniversary. I couldn't have asked for a better partner in life. Sure we have our fights and hang ups, but at the end of the day I know there isn't anyone else I would be rather be taking this journey with. He gets me. I mean, really gets me. He knows I am a little crazy at times and he handles it quite well. I tend to freak out and he tends to almost not react at all. It's a good balance we have. He doesn't mind when I am dancing around the house busting out my new dance moves that my sister and I came up with, instead he just sort of chuckles, shakes his head, and goes on about his business. He doesn't mind that I like to clean with the golden oldies on full blast. He doesn't yell at me for reading too many books on how we're supposed to raise our child, instead he just tells me to take it with a grain of salt and each child is their own individual. He has to remind me almost weekly if something "bad" happened, that there isn't anything we can do about it so I might as well not stress out. He just sort of has this way of balancing me out. I would be a stressed out, anxious mess if it weren't for him. In the same way he balances me out, I am able to pull him out of his comfort zone and get him to open up. It hasn't been an easy task, but slowly we're getting there. Even if everyone else can't see the changes we're making in one another, I can.

I know that our relationship is one that is built to last. I get almost giddy thinking about what it'll be like 20 or 30 years down the road. I get to imagining the kind of people we'll be and the things we'll have accomplished. Where will be living? How many kids will we have had? What sorts of vacations have we taken? What plans will we have for our future? I love the thought of growing old with him! I am so very thankful for the man I chose to spend my life with and I am excited to keep on living it with him! Here's to Justice! (even though I don't let him read my blog.)

5 comments:

  1. its really inspiring to see a woman talk about her husband like that, may you forever be this amazing and more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers to you and Justice! What a lovely post about your husband with the crazy/cool nickname. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I like the name Justice. Very classic and solid. I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great that you balance each other out like that. That is a gift. My husband and I are almost too much alike; I sometimes would like a little balance. We are both very intense. And that is really great that you look forward to your future with such excitement. Again, what a gift.

    ReplyDelete