Wednesday, April 24, 2013

U if for unfinished.

It should be pretty obvious that I didn't make it through the challenge this year. It was just too much for me to cram into every day. I didn't have a plan in place or any kind of theme and it quickly became too overwhelming. I have learned my lesson with trying to wing the A-Z challenge... I just can't do it. However, I am okay with that! I am the mother of an extremely active 2 year old that wants to spend every waking minute having an adventure and I am happy to oblige... most of the time anyway. I want to make the most out of the time I have with him at home and use it to make memories that we will both remember for a long time to come. So if that means I couldn't finish the Blogging A-Z Challenge, then I am just going to have to be okay with it.

Just because I didn't make it through this year doesn't mean I won't try again next year. I really, really enjoy reading everyone's posts and I do truly love participating! It's very easy for me to put my blog on the back burner even though I wish it wasn't. That is one of the reasons I love the A-Z challenge, it forces me to blog! I guess forces isn't really the right word, but you know what I mean. I don't HAVE to blog and so when I am tired... I skip. And then 1 day quickly becomes 2, which turns into a week and then next thing I know it's been a month. I hate that and I wish I didn't let it happen. I have to just keep trying! -Or as Dory says, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.. what do we do, we swim, swim, swim!

The weather in Ohio for the last couple weeks has been all over the place. It's been hot, hot, hot and it's been cold, cold, cold. We have had adventures outside where we watch the semi's drive by and try to get them to beep and we have had adventures inside where we made moon sand. (8 cups of flour + 1 cup of baby oil) Our days have been full and filled with smiles!! (and maybe some tears, mostly mine because he is trying to cut naps out!) This past Sunday we had the local fire departments annual chicken dinner and Walter was in heaven because he got to check out all the fire trucks inside and out! He is one smart cookie... he impresses me everyday! I caught a glimpse of myself in him this weekend. He had to take 3 or 4 trips back to the trucks to check them out and slowly, but surely he took the reins and started showing all the other little kids around. That's definitely a mommy trait.

Good luck to the rest of you with the challenge... you're almost done! Keep up the good work :)









over & out
-ejw

No comments:

Post a Comment